Categories: CBSE Chemistry Tags:
How was the CBSE Chemistry exam 2016?
How much do you expect in CBSE Chemistry theory paper?
Synthetic detergents have several advantages over soaps.
- Synthetic detergents can be used even in hard water whereas some of the soap gets wasted if the water is hard.
- Synthetic detergents can be used even in acidic medium as they are the salts of strong acids and are not decomposed in acidic medium.
- Synthetic detergents have a stronger cleansing action than soaps.
- Synthetic detergents are more soluble in water than soaps.
- Synthetic detergents are prepared from the hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum. This saves vegetable oils which are otherwise used for making soaps
Electrochemistry – Long Answer Type Questions
- What is galvanic cell?Explain the working of a galvanic cell by taking the example of Zn/CuSO4 reaction.Explain in brief the function of the salt bridge?
- What is electrode potential?describe the orgin of electrode potential when a metal strip is placed in a solution of its own ions.In what respects electrode potential differs from standard electrode potential?
- What do you understand by battery?Describe the chemistry of lead storage battery during its discharging and recharging process highlighting all the materials that are involved?
- What is corrosion of metals?How is rusting of iron envisaged as setting of electrochemical cell?Explain.Can a coating of tin over iron surface prevent rusting?Comment.
- What is meant by electrolytic conduction?On what factors does it depend?How does it differ from metallic conduction?
- Derive the relationship between (1) Conductivity and molar conductivity and (2)Standard cell potential and equilibrium constant?
- How does emf of a cell vary with temperature?Explain in brief?
- State and explain Kohlrausch law?How can it help to calculate (1) limiting molar conductivity of weak electrolyte and (2)degree of dissociation of weak electrolyte.
- How do you account for the variation of molar conductivity of weak and strong electrolytes with concentration?
- Iron does not rust when a coating of zinc cover its surface cracks in galvanised iron pipes , but it rusts rapidly when a coating of tin done on its surface cracks.Explain.
- What is electrolysis?What role does electrode potential play while deciding the products of electrolysis?
- Write short note on (1)Hydrogen economy (2)Faradays-laws of electrolysis
Prepare for AISSCE (CBSE Class XII) Chemistry through selected Long Answer Type Questions – Unit 2 – Solutions
AISSCE (CBSE Class XII) Chemistry through selected Long Answer Type Questions –
Unit 2 – Solutions
- What do you understand by vapour pressure of a liquid? How does it vary with temperature? Using pressure temperature curve show that what is normal boiling point and standard boiling point of a liquid?
- What is Vant Hoff’s factor? How is it related to degree of dissociation of the electrolyte in the solution? What is its value when the solute undergoes association?