MM : 25 TIME : 45 min.
1. Write a chemical equation each to illustrate the following reaction;
(a) Aldol condensation reaction
(b) Cannizzaro reaction
(c) Rosenmund’s reaction
(d) Gattermann – Koch reaction
(e) Clemmensen reduction
2. Convert the following;
(a) Propanone to propene
(b) Propanal to butanone
(c) Benzoic acid to benzaldehyde
(d) Acetone to t-butyl alcohol
(e) Formaldehyde to urotropine
3. Give one chemical test to distinguish Propanal and diethyl ether.
4. Explain why formic acid is more stronger acid than acetic acid ?
5. Explain why carboxylic acid have higher boiling points than alcohols of comparable molecular masses?
6. Why carboxylic acid do not give the characteristic reaction of carbonyl group?
7. Arrange salicylic acid , p-hydroxybenzoic acid , m- hydroxybenzoic acid , benzoic acid in order of increasing acidic strength?
8. Give IUPAC name of Crotonaldehyde .
9. What is Grignard reagent ? How it is used to prepare tertiary butyl alcohol?
10. An alkyl halide when reacts with Aq. NaOH give ‘X’ “X’ in presence of Cu at 573 K gives ‘Y’. ‘Y’ in presence of conc. NaOH gives CH3OH + HCOONa
Categories: AISSCE CHEMISTRY, CBSE Chemistry, Chemistry Board Papers, Chemistry Model Papers Tags: Basic Chemicals, Benzoic acid, Business, Central Board of Secondary Education, Chemicals, Inorganic, Nutrition, Sodium hydroxide
MM : 25 TIME : 45min.
1. Write a chemical equation each to illustrate the following reaction:
(a) Carbylamine reaction
(b) Hofmann – bromamide reaction
(c) Gabriel phthalimide synthesis
(d) Balz – Schiemann reaction
(e) Diazotisation reaction
2. Separate primary secondary and tertiary amines on the basis of Hinsberg’s method.
3. Convert the following :
(a) Aniline into fluorobenzene
(b) Toluene into p-toluic acid.
(c) Aniline to sulphanilic acid .
4. Why are amines are less acidic than alcohols of comparable molecular masses?
5. How is basic strength of aromatic amines affected by the presence of electron releasing group on the benzene ring?
6. Explain why Amino group in ethylamine is basic but not in acetamide ?
7. Out of aliphatic and aromatic amines which one is soluble in water and why?
8. Give one chemical test to distinguish between benzyl amine and anilne.
9. What happens when ethylamine is treated with CHCl3 in the presence of ethanolic KOH.
10. Discuss the importance of pH in coupling reaction.
- List two difference between acid and base on the basis of chemical properties
- Using the quation for electrolytic decomposition of water differentiate between a skeletal chemical equation and a balanced chemical equation
- State the change in colour name of the compound when iron material is exposed to air