MM : 25 TIME : 45 MIN.
1. Give IUPAC names of the following compounds:
(a) CH2=CH-CH – C=CH2
2. Write the structure of the following organic halogen compounds :
3. Explain the following reaction:
(a) Friedel craft alkylation reaction.
(b) Wurtz reaction
(c) Sandmeyer’s reaction
(d) Finkelstein reaction
4. Convert the following:
(a) Ethane to bromoethene
(b) But-1-ene to but-2-ene
(c) Propene to propyne
(d) Benzyl alcohol to 2-phenylethanoic acid
(e) Aniline to chlorobenzene
5. Explain Markownikoff’s rule with example.
6. Explain the following
(a) Vinyl chloride is hydrolysed more slowly than ethyl chloride
(b) The treatment of alkyl chloride with aqueous KOH leads to the formation of alcohols but in the presence of alcoholic KOH , alkenes are the major products.
7. Distinguish between C2H5Br and C6H5Br through chemical test .
8. What are Enantiomers and Racemic mixtures ?
9. Predict the order of reactivity of the following compounds in SN1 reaction C6H5CH2Br , C6H5CH(C6H5)Br , C6H5CH(CH3)Br , C6H5C(CH3)(C6H5)Br
10. What is chemical name of D.D.T ? How it is prepared ?
Categories: AISSCE CHEMISTRY, CBSE Chemistry, Chemistry Model Papers Tags: Business, Central Board of Secondary Education, chemistry, Double-slit experiment, Inorganic, Mathematics, Standard Hindi, Wurtz reaction
MM : 25 TIME : 45 min.
1. Write a chemical equation each to illustrate the following reaction;
(a) Aldol condensation reaction
(b) Cannizzaro reaction
(c) Rosenmund’s reaction
(d) Gattermann – Koch reaction
(e) Clemmensen reduction
2. Convert the following;
(a) Propanone to propene
(b) Propanal to butanone
(c) Benzoic acid to benzaldehyde
(d) Acetone to t-butyl alcohol
(e) Formaldehyde to urotropine
3. Give one chemical test to distinguish Propanal and diethyl ether.
4. Explain why formic acid is more stronger acid than acetic acid ?
5. Explain why carboxylic acid have higher boiling points than alcohols of comparable molecular masses?
6. Why carboxylic acid do not give the characteristic reaction of carbonyl group?
7. Arrange salicylic acid , p-hydroxybenzoic acid , m- hydroxybenzoic acid , benzoic acid in order of increasing acidic strength?
8. Give IUPAC name of Crotonaldehyde .
9. What is Grignard reagent ? How it is used to prepare tertiary butyl alcohol?
10. An alkyl halide when reacts with Aq. NaOH give ‘X’ “X’ in presence of Cu at 573 K gives ‘Y’. ‘Y’ in presence of conc. NaOH gives CH3OH + HCOONa
Categories: AISSCE CHEMISTRY, CBSE Chemistry, Chemistry Board Papers, Chemistry Model Papers Tags: Basic Chemicals, Benzoic acid, Business, Central Board of Secondary Education, Chemicals, Inorganic, Nutrition, Sodium hydroxide
- List two difference between acid and base on the basis of chemical properties
- Using the quation for electrolytic decomposition of water differentiate between a skeletal chemical equation and a balanced chemical equation
- State the change in colour name of the compound when iron material is exposed to air