CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Question Bank – Solid State
- What is a crystal?
- What are the different types of crystalline solids?
- Define a unit cell
- Why do atoms /ions in a crystal pack closely? Give two examples of close-packed structures.
- What are the coordination numbers for hcp and ccp structures?
- What do you understand by the term “ packing efficiency” ?
- What is radius ratio? What is its significance?
- Why do different ionic compounds assume different geometries of arrangement?
- What are the two type of holes or voids found in the close-packed structure of ionic compounds?
- What do you undersatand by defects in solids/
- What is the difference between a stoichiometric and a nonstoichiometric defect?
- What is a dopant? How does it affect the conductivity of a semiconductor?
- What are ferrimagnetic materials?
- Why do some solids exhibit magnetic properties?
- What type (n or p) of a semiconductor is created by the addition of arsenic to a crystal of germanium?
- Gallium arsenide can be made an n-type or p-type semiconductor by replacing some of the arsenic by another element.Which of the elements Se , Sb or Sn will work?
- Does the addition of Al2O3 to ZnO create an n-type or p-type semiconductor?
- Does doping ZnO with Li2O create an n-type or p-type semiconductor?
Subscribe by Email