MM : 25 TIME : 45 MIN.
1. Give IUPAC names of the following compounds:
(a) CH2=CH-CH – C=CH2
2. Write the structure of the following organic halogen compounds :
3. Explain the following reaction:
(a) Friedel craft alkylation reaction.
(b) Wurtz reaction
(c) Sandmeyer’s reaction
(d) Finkelstein reaction
4. Convert the following:
(a) Ethane to bromoethene
(b) But-1-ene to but-2-ene
(c) Propene to propyne
(d) Benzyl alcohol to 2-phenylethanoic acid
(e) Aniline to chlorobenzene
5. Explain Markownikoff’s rule with example.
6. Explain the following
(a) Vinyl chloride is hydrolysed more slowly than ethyl chloride
(b) The treatment of alkyl chloride with aqueous KOH leads to the formation of alcohols but in the presence of alcoholic KOH , alkenes are the major products.
7. Distinguish between C2H5Br and C6H5Br through chemical test .
8. What are Enantiomers and Racemic mixtures ?
9. Predict the order of reactivity of the following compounds in SN1 reaction C6H5CH2Br , C6H5CH(C6H5)Br , C6H5CH(CH3)Br , C6H5C(CH3)(C6H5)Br
10. What is chemical name of D.D.T ? How it is prepared ?